Monday, May 18, 2009

Hockey!

Callyn found an old hockey stick of mine the other day and picked it up and held it just like a hockey stick should be held! He said, "What's this thing?" So I explained and he seemed rather interested so I bought him a little stick today. Well, I am shocked! This little 4 year old looks like he's been playing hockey for years! After our first practice session in the garden today, he ended up flicking the ball over the cones! He enjoys the tackling the best!

I think being pretty ambidextrous helps a lot. He uses his left hand when hitting a ball with a bat, kicks left foot and writes with his write hand - confused or talented??!!!

Guess I'm going to have to get fit to keep up with him!

Aunty Pam and Aunty Alta, please come and visit and play hockey with me!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I have good (and some not so good) memories of me standing in hockey goals on the senior primary field, and you smacking hockey balls hard at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Was I sooo cruel to make you goalie! Sorry! We had some fun times on that field, though! I remember Dad makeing us kites and trying to fly them there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see Callyn being a hockey player!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I made up for the goalie job (I actually enjoyed that!) but kicking rugby balls at you. I've also got a vague memory of you teaching me the Rubix cube on that field....? Can still do it some 30 years later. Funny how our brains are wired!

    I have Mike Faulkson as a friend on FaceBook. He now lives in the house next to the field and has to return lots of balls hit/kicked into his yard...we would often sneak in to retrieve lost balls with great fear of the salivating dog around the corner!

    ReplyDelete