Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ballet Today

Before we left we took a few pics....

this is just before the class in the studio...

They all have special places where they have to stand. There are pictures taped to the floor and each child has a specific picture.

Jordy is in front because she is the smallest. She was so excited about Donovan, Callyn and I going in to watch her but when she saw all the other mommies and daddies......she froze. She just couldn't answer any questions or do any of the movements. She just stared at us and slowly the lips started wobbling, the eyes went red and filled with tears. I called her over to me and quickly calmed her down but she wouldn't go back again! I think the experience was a bit overwhelming because afterwards the teacher said she always does everything in class and is so confident! But she says she wants to go back to the next class but all the big people must sit outside! I hope she doesn't do this on stage at The Sand Du Plessis Theatre at the end of the year because I will just run onto the stage myself and rescue her!!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Love the shot with the finger in the mouth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah - know the feeling so well. I think we have had this response at some stage with each child...

    She looks beautiful and what a cool seeting for ballet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I remember - the possum thing!

    ReplyDelete