Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday!

 We had a lazy day today! Played in pyjamas all morning, boys played on the computer and watched tv......

 ....and the girls played dolls for hours! They were all moms and each had a baby and a pram. Abby had the biggest baby.....

 ....and here is Jubi's baby in my old pram (that pram must be over 40 years old!). They also played restaurants and Jubi and Abby made menus and then they placed orders and Abby made up the food order with the play food!

 Later on they painted their legs with body paint.

Pretty flowers!

Abby asked me if we could clean the babies' hamster cage as she wanted to play with the babies in the bath. We had to separate the original  mommy and daddy hamster as they were having too many babies and we kept the last two babies in a separate cage- I thought they were both males. They are in the same cage and we decided to clean this cage today.  Today Abby called me in a state so I ran into the bathroom and she said, pointing into the cage, what are those? They were 3 dead pinkies - baby hamsters! So I guess the two babies are not both males! We quickly threw them away and didn't tell Callyn as he would be upset. Abby said she hopes they have more babies and she thinks they will as she saw them sleeping in the same house earlier!!!!!!! I left it at that!

Jubi was so brave and also held the hamsters! She said they sometimes nibbled her fingers!

Abby has been such a help with Jordy. She does her hair for me everyday and has straightened it with my GHD a few times - it looks lovely! And she has come up with some lovely new styles!

Joel has been sitting patiently next to Callyn at the computer. I kicked Callyn off often today so Joel could play alone as Callyn always says Joel is helping him play but I think Joel would like to play alone too. I think I'll load a game or two on my computer and let Joel play there!

This afternoon Abby, Jordy and I went to the mall to get Jordy a princess outfit for her party. We found a lovely one at Toy Zone! We also bought some groceries and a chocolate slab for everyone for pudding! We ate supper early (5pm) and at 5:30 we all took the dogs for a walk! Abby held Roxy all by herself! Roxy was very obedient  - I'll try to take pics next time!

When we got home I bathed and put the little ones to bed and then the 3 bigger ones bathed and got into bed. I read them the first chapter of a Hardy Boys book and then we checked the time and it was only 7:55. Abby couldn't believe that it was so early and so dark! Anyway they happily went to bed. The noisy birds are waking them up early every morning - don't know which ones so I'll listen out tomorrow morning!

The children are fascinated by the burglar bars and Abby is so impressed that we have a safe in our house! she 'd probably be shocked if she knew what was in the safe but we won't tell her!

So that was our lovely, lazy day - tomorrow is very busy but more about that tomorrow.......

1 comment: